Welfare reform has been in the news every day lately, as the Government pushes through the biggest reform of the benefits system for decades. In recognition of the number of questions that people are already posing about the likely effects of the changes, I have developed a range of training courses that provide the most up to date grounding possible on the welfare reform proposals and what they will mean for you, your clients and the way you do your work.
Training includes the following areas:
- Universal Credit : the basic principles of this brand new benefit , the benefits it will replace, the timetable for conversion to it, and the likely gainers and losers
- Housing issues: the latest developments in the controversial ‘Bedroom Tax’; the impact of welfare reform on private and social housing tenants; how owner occupiers will be affected in the future
- Benefits Capping; the way that it works, who is caught by it and who is exempt, and the impact it is having on people’s housing and employment choices
- Disability benefits: all about the new Personal Independence Payment; the consequences for current DLA claimants; up to date news on ESA
- Help with Council Tax and the Social Fund – how to access information about all the local schemes
- Family benefits: the new Child Benefit regime; latest news on tax credits and childcare costs
If you would like me to run this course for your organisation, please contact me.
For further details see: www.universalcredittraining.co.uk